We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products—learn more about our process. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Here’s an overview of choosing a metal sign for your home.
How to Decide on a Metal Sign
The first step in deciding on a metal sign is considering your preferences. Every home’s layout is different, so a metal sign might fit differently depending on your house. There are also some other things to consider:
- Location: Before selecting a design, consider where you want to place your metal sign. Do you have enough wall space to hang it carefully? Do you want it in the kitchen or in a hallway? Would you prefer it outdoors? If you want to place your metal sign outside, you might want to look at more durable options. Either way, think about where you want to locate it before choosing your outdoor or indoor metal art.
- Design: Consider which style you want before selecting a style for your sign. Metal art is available in many styles, from three-dimensional to flat. If you have a design in mind, like a picture or letter, think about what format you want for the sign. From there, you can start looking at specific design choices.
The great thing about metal signs is that they’re available in several options. Whether you have a specific style in mind or are looking for some ideas, check out these design option examples:
- Family-oriented signs: Many families want to accentuate their homes with an individualized metal sign. With a customizable family metal sign, you can implement a family name or initial onto your wall art. This style lets you show off your family pride or adds a flair that makes your place feel like home. Just choose a font and color, then submit the name you want to portray, and you’re all set.
- Monograms: Monograms are the perfect way to display initials, brands or symbols. You can add one or two symbols to make a unique design all your own. Metal materials are ideal for monograms because you can shape the material into any letter design you want. Simply choose the letters or symbols you want and place your order.
- Address designs: Display your address with a personalized metal address sign outside your home. Outdoor metal signs are highly durable, so they can stand up against wear and tear for years. You could hang it or prop it up, depending on your preference.
- Specific designs: You can also browse various metal signs for specific pictures or designs. For instance, this metal mountain deer design is a unique piece of artwork for your home. On the other hand, this metal beach sign could be beautiful in your hallway. Even if you don’t have a specific style in mind, you can find numerous unique art styles to suit your home perfectly.
- Special occasions: Lastly, many metal signs are a perfect decoration for special occasions. Whether you’re decorating for a wedding, a dinner party or anything in between, you can customize a metal sign for your needs. For example, check out this metal heart-shaped design for a wedding decoration.